The NFL draft nears as I lay out my final mock draft. I’ve scouted the players, and analyzed each teams needs as my mock draft is based on who I feel each team should draft.
1. Los Angeles Rams: J. Goff, QB California
- This is an overreach.
2. Philadelphia Eagles: C. Wentz, QB N. Dakota St.
- This too is an overreach.
3. San Diego Chargers: R. Stanley, OT Notre Dame
- Chargers prove to Rivers that they care about protecting their QB.
4. Dallas Cowboys: J. Ramsey, CB/S Florida St.
- Cowboys snag the best secondary player in the draft.
5. Jacksonville Jaguars: J. Bosa, DE/OLB Ohio State
- The Jags get a consistent pass rusher to run opposite of Fowler.
6. Baltimore Ravens: D. Buckner, DE Oregon
- Baltimore’s decent defensive line is about to get a whole lot better.
7. San Francisco 49ers: M. Jack, OLB/ILB
- Baalke has been known to take chances on players with knee injuries, he just so happens to be risking it on the best player in the draft.
8. Tennessee Titans (Trade with Cleveland): L. Tunsil, OT Ole Miss
- Tennessee still gets their guy at the 8th spot after trading picks with Cleveland.
9. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: V. Hargreaves III, CB Florida
- Tampa gets a corner who can run with the likes of Jones and Benjamin.
10. New York Giants: E. Elliot, RB Ohio State
- The Giants have done work in Free Agency for defense, and reward themselves with the best offensive player in the draft.
11. Chicago Bears: L. Floyd, OLB Georgia
- Urlacher came into the league as a safety and ended up being one of the best MLB ever to grace the game. Floyd can bring that type of versatility.
12. New Orleans Saints: S. Lawson, DE/OLB Clemson
- Lawson brings a pass rush that New Orleans has been without for a while.
13. Miami Dolphins: J. Conklin, OT Michigan St.
- Miami has addressed some needs on defense through free agency, now they look to bolster the offensive line.
14. Oakland Raiders: Eli Apple, CB Ohio State
- Oakland gets a raw corner with a ton of upside.
15. Cleveland Browns: S. Rankins, DT Louisville
- Cleveland trades down and still gets one of the best defensive linemen in the draft. (Good for them, for once…)
16. Detroit Lions: Taylor Decker, OT Ohio State
- The Lions get Decker to help their shaky offensive line.
17. Atlanta Falcons: D. Lee, OLB Ohio State
- Lee is an athletic freak who will fit in perfectly with Coach Quinn’s scheme.
18. Indianapolis Colts: R. Kelly, C/G Alabama
- Kelly is a safe pick here, where he’ll be able to play center or guard for the Colts.
19. Buffalo Bills: R. Nkemdiche, DT/DE Ole Miss
- If anyone can light a fire under Nkemdiche, then it’s Rex Ryan.
20. New York Jets: P. Lynch, QB Memphis
- Fitzpatrick and Smith are not their answer at quarterback, but maybe Lynch could be.
21. Washington: J. Reed, DT Alabama
- Washington getting Reed will be a snag for them as they bolster their defensive line.
22. Houston Texans: J. Doctson, WR TCU
- Hopkins, Doctson, and Strong….now that’s a receiving corp.
23. Minnesota Vikings, L. Treadwell, WR Ole Miss
- Teddy gets a big target receiver, who may also be one of the best blocking receivers.
24. Cincinnati Bengals: C. Coleman, WR Baylor
- Cincinnati fills their wide receiver need with an explosive playmaker from Baylor’s prolific offenses.
25. Pittsburgh Steelers: A. Robinson, DT Alabama
- Steelers don’t take corner backs first round, and with the loss of McClendon, it becomes even more evident the Steelers will address their defensive line needs taking a very stout and talented Robinson out of Alabama.
26. Seattle Seahawks: G. Ifedi, OT Texas AM
- With the loss of Okung, the Seahawks just replace him with another massive body in Ifedi.
27. Green Bay: R. Ragland, ILB Alabama
- Ragland is a freight train run stuffer, which will allow Clay to move back to the outside.
28. Kansas City Chiefs: W. Jackson III Houston
- I predict Peters and Jackson will become one of the most feared corner duos in the league
29. Arizona Cardinals: K. Fuller Virginia Tech
- Fuller is back and he is healthy, and the Cardinals just got a lock down corner with the 29th overall pick.
30. Carolina Panthers: J. Spriggs, OT Indiana
- Carolina did a good job disguising their offensive line woes last season, now they try and repair it with an athletic Spriggs who has a decent amount of upside.
31. Denver Broncos: V. Butler, DT Louisiana Tech
- Broncos bolster their prolific defense with a massively strong player in Butler.